Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Must Know: David Bromstad



If you have never watched a single second of HGTV, this man will have you change your DVR settings (Color Splash is the name of his show).

David Bromstad is not only hot (!!!) but a very talented artist and interior designer. For every room he designs, he creates a one of a kind Bromstad piece, a painting, an installation, you name it, that goes with it.
I wouldn't mind owning a piece of David, ... one of his artworks, that is.

Words are useless, Enjoy the photos ;-)








http://www.bromstad.com/ Wikepedia's Bio :

David Reed Bromstad (born August 17, 1973) is the winner of season one of HGTV Design Star. He is the host the television show Color Splash with David Bromstad, which debuted Monday, March 19, 2007, on HGTV.

Bromstad was born in Cokato, Minnesota. He was always interested in art and design, and while in high school made a decision to pursue a career as a Disney animator. That sent him to Orlando, Florida and the Ringling College of Art and Design in Sarasota, Florida. The school is known as a starting point for careers with Disney. He accomplished his goal, becoming a Disney illustrator after graduating. This dream was derailed in a post-9/11 layoff. At that point Bromstad started his own company, Bromstad Studio [1], designing fantasy bedrooms for children to make ends meet.

At the urging of a friend Bromstad moved to Miami Beach and tried out for HGTV's Design Star, a reality show competition to pick a host for a new show on the HGTV cable network. On Design Star, Bromstad competed against eight other potential designers, winning the grand prize, a car, and the chance to host his own show on HGTV. That show, Color Splash, just completed the first 13 episode season. In "Color Splash" episode 23, Bromstad remarked that HGTV has now opted for a second set of 26 new episodes of the show.



8 comments:

  1. I think David is amazing. I am a stay at home victim of "the fall from hell" as I call it. Fell in front of a famous department store (huge hole not coned off). I have in 4 years had 10 surgeries, I now have two total metal knees, after 5 surgeries on right arm, now have a total metal shoulder. Through all this I watch every show of his including reruns. I would absolutely kill for one of his paintings but have looked on every site can find and guess only does for makeovers. SOB!! I know he now lives in CA. so out of luck for a makeover since live in Ma. But even though he does not do paintings for sale, I still love everything about this man....especially how nice he is to his employees, his smile and his wonderful laugh...he makes this lady very, very happy. Wishing for a Bromstad painting. Someday!!! Pamela L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave is HOTZ!!!!. I wish one day to have the joy of meeting you. I live with my sisters and they own their home. I love my sisters and I always wanted to help them to do a make over for their house but its always been out of reach. I would like to surprise them and I would love to see if there is something you could do for them. Thank you. your fan Jessie G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Pamela, Just in case you happen to see this, David does do custom pieces but, I suspect they are extremely expensive. You can email him to find out more. I was also interested but, I've been shopping for art work lately and it's amazing how much you can spend. Hope you're doing better.

    http://www.bromstad.com/shop.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. pamela I am with you, and hoping you are doing better also. David is so amazing I record all his color splashes and even the reruns like you said. I have been following him since the first time I saw him on design star. I too would like to meet him ,not only is he hot but he is one of my biggest heros of all times. That sweet smile and cute laugh just tears me up. I hope one day I can meet him. good luck on your recovery and with luck I to can have one of his paintings and get to meet the hottest man alive David B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. David is such a great designer I wish I could come up with ideas like his. I wish he were around to do some of my decorating. I have a nice house but is is blah... I think that not only is a great designer but he is handsome, nice and a perfect host for this show. He is the first designer I ever "googled". I look forward to watching him any chance I get.

    February 1, 2011
    Amanda
    Nfld, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these women need to get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love David and all his art works. I watch every one of his shows. i have them on a scheduled recording to make sure I never miss one. Not only is he smoking HOT he is a great artist. I love his style! Me and my husband are looking to buy a house and as soon as we do I am going to try my hardest to sign up for a David makeover (and I really hope he can do it shirtless!!) (don't tell my husband I said that!LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have watched David since Design Star and he is the best!!! It would be my dream come true to have him decorate my home but i guess it "impossible" as i live in the Caribbean.He has charmed me and made me look at Interior Decorating in a new and different light.More than anything I would love to own one of his paintings!! I,like Amanda,Terry and Nancy,look forward to his show (Re-runs as well)every time they're on.

    Luquecia

    ReplyDelete